Benefits of Coconut Oil for Your Hair
Coconut oil is a must-have product for your hair and is recommended by many dermatologists. It moisturizes and nourishes your hair deeply. It works for most hair types and results in soft and bouncy hair.
Coconut oil consists of lauric acid which penetrates the roots of your hair. Thus, it moisturizes your hair thoroughly from within and prevents protein loss.
You can just massage it on your scalp/ hair, leave it for the day and let it work its magic. Apart from that, you can also make a coconut oil mask in no time and get salon results at home!
Image Source - https://unsplash.com/photos/ngpOAAY3HNw
How to Use Coconut Oil on Your Hair
You can use coconut oil as a conditioner, scalp treatment, or as a coconut oil mask along with other ingredients that you can find at home.
- For Scalp Treatment
Apply a small amount to your roots, scalp, and along the length of your hair. Massage your scalp with coconut oil in circular motions. This nourishes the scalp and can also prevent dandruff.
- To Boost Growth
Apply it throughout the length of your hair and on your scalp. Applying coconut oil prevents breakage and also stimulates the growth of healthy hair.
- Use Oil When You go Swimming
Apply the oil to your hair right before a swim to prevent it from drying out.
- Remedy for Damaged Hair
You can apply coconut oil to dull hair as a conditioner or use it before you wash your hair. A little care before and after shampooing will give it a healthy and nourished look. Not only that, applying a bit of coconut oil after washing keeps your hair tangle-free.
Also, use it to get frizz-free hair. Make it a part of your hair care routine to see a significant improvement in your hair.
What Kind of Coconut Oil Should You Use?
Refined coconut oil often has preservatives and may be bleached. Consequently, it is not good for your hair at all and can result in hair damage. This is why most people prefer extra virgin coconut oil as it is pure and not chemically processed.
Use the purest form of coconut oil you can find and apply it as a hot oil therapy to your locks.
How Can You Give Yourself a Hot Coconut Oil Therapy?
- Heat the coconut oil for better results.
- Massage it in your roots and throughout the length of hair. Root to tip application will make sure the shampoo does not strip the oil from your hair. It will also prevent breakage.
- Shampoo your hair after an hour or two, apply conditioner to get smooth and shiny hair.
- You can apply 2 drops of coconut oil to your conditioner too for maximum benefits.
What Hair Types is Coconut oil Suitable For?
Coconut oil is suitable for all types of hair, ranging from dry, oily, frizzy to damaged. It maintains the texture of both luscious curls and fine hair. Don’t apply too much since it may clog the pores of your scalp.
For added benefits, you can also make a mask with other ingredients like- olive oil, eggs, avocado, other essential oils like lavender and jojoba oil. Essential oils work wonders for your hair and skin.
A combination of two or more oils replenishes the scalp, nourishes your hair, and can help repair hair damage.
Coconut Oil and Egg Mask
- Whisk an egg in a bowl. Combine the coconut oil and egg until blended.
- Apply the mixture on damp hair thoroughly.
- Keep it for 10-15 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair, follow this by applying a conditioner.
- Get luscious, nourished & healthy hair!
Coconut Oil and Banana Mask
- Squash a ripe banana and add 2 tsp of coconut oil to it.
- Apply it in your hair from root to tip
- Wash after 10-15 minutes to get soft hair.
Want to improve the health of your hair?
Just grab a bottle of coconut oil & use it consistently in a variety of ways to get the silky-smooth hair you’ve always dreamt of!
Make sure to tag us @AashiBeauty if you try out any of these at home remedies for yourself!