How to Fix Damaged Hair
Lifeless hair looks bad and, let's face it, no one wants that.
However, who said hair damage has to be permanent? You can revive your hair with proper care and nourishment. Targeted treatments can help you get closer to those healthy locks.
Image Credits- https://unsplash.com/photos/t1jlLrsMpjc
What Causes Hair Damage?
Hair colour can take moisture from your hair, making it rough and dull. Before you colour your hair, deep condition it to minimize damage.
Also try to avoid unnatural hair colours as bleaching can be very harmful to your hair. It strips the hair of moisture and makes it brittle.
Start with similar shades to your hair as colours far from yours are difficult to maintain. For colours like blues and reds, the hairstylist will need to bleach your hair first to get to a lighter tone.
Try not to dye your hair frequently as well! To help maintain coloured hair, use a colour protection shampoo and conditioner.
Hot Hair Styling Tools
Get endless hairstyles with our Aashi Beauty hair tools. You can easily straighten, curl, perm your hair, or get any look you want to!
- Use a heat protectant spray as it forms a layer of protection over hair.
- Heat protectant sprays can be used to nourish your hair too.
- While using a dryer on your hair, apply it from a distance to avoid focusing the heat in one place.
So, now that we have told you what causes hair damage, we've listed some tips & tricks to fix damaged hair!
Tips to Fix Damaged hair
Oil it up
Use a good quality oil. Oils moisture and nourish hair. You can use olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil to replenish hair. Coconut and other oils can penetrate the hair and nourish it to help you achieve smooth, sleek locks.
- Apply your favourite oil before you wash your hair the same as you would a hair mask!
- Use can also apply a dime sized amount of oil from root to tip to give your hair an effortless shine.
- Give yourself an oil massage to stimulate hair growth.
Protect Your Hair While Swimming
- Before swimming apply a bit of oil so that your hair does not dry out.
- Wash your hair thoroughly after swimming.
Use a hair mask
- Deep condition your hair, once or twice a week. Apply a store-bought or homemade hair mask to rehydrate hair and give it nourishment.
- You can make hair masks with coconut oil and egg whites to infuse protein in your hair
- You can also book deep conditioning appointments at your local salon
Maintain your hair
Keep your hair well maintained! Proper hair care is important in maintaining hair growth and a healthy scalp.
- Trim the ends of your hair every 2-3 months to keep split ends at bay.
- While detangling your hair, do it carefully without tugging at your hair to avoid breakage. Apply a serum, to make the process simpler.
- Sleep with a silk pillowcase to keep your hair in excellent condition.
- Use products aimed for damaged hair.
- Use shampoo and conditioner suitable for your hair type.
- Try washing your hair less as washing it frequently can strip it of moisture.
Role Of a Good Diet
Your hair cells, as well as the cells throughout your body, need a balance of proteins, complex carbohydrates, iron, vitamins and minerals to function at their best.
Incorporate healthy foods & vitamins into your diet:
- One of the best vitamins for hair growth is a B-vitamin called biotin - it's typically found in foods such as, spinach & eggs
- Take Vitamin D tablets or foods containing it like orange juice for stimulating new and old hair follicles.
- Try to incorporate Omega-3 fatty acid sources like fish in your diet. Omega-3 is extremely good for the health of your hair.
Consult a doctor before taking vitamins.
Image Credits- https://unsplash.com/photos/pZAXx_rB39w
Try out our tips & tricks to get well-nourished & smooth hair in no time!