How to Clean and Disinfect your Hair Tools and Hair Brushes?
What is a hair routine without your hair tools, hot tools (curling iron/flat iron) and hair accessories? In today's time, there are so many hair trends that are coming out left and right. Whether you get inspo from your TikTok For You page, Pinterest or Euphoria - we know you've watched it - a great set of hair tools and hot tools can help you achieve the hair look you've been wanting to try.
In our daily lives, we often use these hair tools and hot tools to tame the frizz in our hair or simply use it to give our hair an effortless look. As women, we take care of our hair and make sure it is healthy, washed and nourished. But the question is, when was the last time you gave your hair brush, hot tools and hair accessories a deep clean?
You're probably thinking about how often you should wash your brushes and tools. What are the proper ways to clean them etc. Do not worry, we can answer all of your questions. Shall we start?
1. How to wash your hair brush.
Who doesn't own or use a hair brush everyday? We can't think if anyone who doesn't. Your hair brush accumulates a lot of hair from brushing, not to mention the debris from the products you use on your hair. You are probably aware of hair brush lint, if you are not then let us explain.
The grey lint is actually a build up of dead skin cells, products and hair. Our tips will teach you how to clean hairbrush lint as well.
So how do you wash your hair brush?
- First, take off all the hair bunched up in your hair brush. If there are hairs that are too stubborn to get out, get a stick to poke out the hairs.
- Second, fill up your sink with equal parts dish soap and vinegar. 1 tablespoon of each should do the trick. If you're thinking, why vinegar? Well, the vinegar is supposed to help kill the germs and bacteria on your hair brushes.
- Third, swish the water up a bit to suds it up then soak your hairbrushes for about an hour. Then rinse under water to remove the built up debris on your brush.
These tips are great on how to wash your hair brush and we hope they work well for you.
2. How to clean your Hair Straightener and Curler.
First and foremost, make sure your hot tools are not hot when you decide to clean them. They are quite easy to clean, make sure you use a hot damp towel with a little bit of alcohol infused in it. Wipe your tools and thoroughly get the residues of product buildup.
Use a lint-free towel to polish your hot tools. They will look clean and brand new after this step. These are great tips on how to clean your hair straightener.
Do not do this: Do not submerge your hot tools in water. This will definitely ruin the technology that is built-in your tool.
Always: Make sure your hot tools are unplugged and cooled down before you start your deep clean routine.
3. How to clean your blow dryer.
If you have a blowdryer, look at the back and check the vent. You will probably see a bunch of gunk stuck on it, what is it? Well, that is a bunch of lint and dirt.
So, how do you clean the lint off of your hair dryer? Don't panic, just get an old toothbrush or a toothbrush that is just lying around that you have kept for extra use and start brushing off the debris.
Rinse the cap with hot water and you can even disinfect it with alcohol. Wipe the blow dryer with a dry towel. After that, your blowdryer should be blowing more even heat through you hair.
4. Wait, what if I have a blow out brush? How do I clean that?
Blowout brushes are the hybrid of having a brush and a blow dryer at the same time to help you achieve an at-home blowout look. To clean your blowout brush you should:
- First, try and get the loose hairs out and cut away the hairs that are bunched up in the bristles.
- Second, get a spray bottle and fill it up with water and some detergent. Spray it on the brush but be careful not to soak the brush with liquid to avoid damages with the blowout brush's motors.
- Third, get an old toothbrush, preferably with a small head to make sure it can get into the crevices. Make sure to clean around the bristles too.
- Fourth, use a dry towel to wipe off the excess water. Let it sit for a few minutes before using.
Once in a while it is a great tip to make sure you are disinfecting your hair tools and hair accessories. You would not want for bacteria and germs to accumulate and build up on your tools.
How often should I wash my hair brush?
Depending on what kind of hair products you use and how often you use them, it is a great rule of thumb to wash your hair brushes at least once a week. By doing so, you're ensuring that you're not putting back residue and dust back into your freshly showered hair.
How often should I wash my hair tools?
It is good to wash or give your hair tools a good wipe down every 3-4 weeks to make sure that they work better and last much longer. Usually, the products and creams you use before you curl and style your hair can set on the hot tool and harden.
Should I clean/wash my hair ties and scrunchies?
It is recommended to wash your hair ties daily especially if you use them for workout. The sweat and the dirt it absorbs from your hair during a workout can essentially accumulate bacteria in your hair ties.
If you want to quickly wash them, put them in the pockets of your clothing and throw them in wash.
We hope these tips and tricks have helped you! If you have any other questions about any of our hair tools or hair tools care, just send us an email at email@example.com